Born in Glenfield, Pa., he came to Baldwinsville with his family in the early 1900's because his father, a diver, had gotten a job with a local ship builder on the Barge Canal.
He grew up in a house at 1 Grove Street, two blocks from Lock 24 where his father worked. In 1940, he opened Falardeau Funeral Home at 9 Grove Street and later moved to a larger home at 17 Grove Street, always living in the same home as his business.
Retired as owner and manager of the business in 1971 but remained active with his son until 1985.
Graduated from Simmons Institute of Funeral Service in Syracuse in 1932. He was a communicant of St. Mary's Church in Baldwinsville and a former member of its Ushers Guild.
Was a charter member and past president of the Baldwinsville Chamber of Commerce, and was a charter member and past president of the Baldwinsville Lions Club.
Was a member of the National Funeral Directors Association, the New York State Funeral Directors Association and the Onondaga-Oswego County Funeral Directors Association.